The time is here… Tax Time!! The IRS will begin accepting your 2017 Tax Returns on January 23, 2018. The last day to file is Tuesday April 17, 2018. Let us help you prepare now!
So what are some ways that you can prepare for your filing now, to ease the pain and stress? Here are some tips from the experts:
1) Locate and Review your 2016 tax documents.
2) If you have changed jobs this year, make sure that you receive all your tax stubs including W-2’s and 1099’s.
3) If you are self employed or a 1099, now is a great time to review your monthly expenses and ensure you are taking the maximum deductions available to you. If you are unsure of certain deductions, you can always contact our office to learn more. 239-274-8293
4) Make sure you have all documentation for IRA, education and medical expenses throughout the year.
5)Make a list of all investment vehicles to ensure you receive your end of year interest income documents.
6) All income received in the year must be documented such as Social Security, alimony or lottery/gambling winnings.
7) Review, Review, Review. The best way to avoid mistakes or amendments is to review your documents as many time as possible to ensure you have all your information. And always keep records of your tax information in case of an audit!
8) Lastly, don’t Stress! We know this one is a tough, but don’t be afraid. With preparation and the advice of a firm you can trust, you can rest easy! If you have questions or are unsure, please feel free to email or call our offices directly!
Ft Myers – 239-274-8293 | Bonita Springs – 239-992-1973